Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Quilt


I've been working right along on my Quilt for an Hour project. All the Crossroads to Jericho blocks are done, and 10 of the required 31 Good Luck blocks are finished as well.

The Quilt for an Hour concept is such a great idea. It usually takes me longer than one hour to accomplish the daily objective; but even if I stretch it over a couple of hours, it's still attainable and it keeps me focused.

One of the fabrics in the nine patch blocks is a tiny navy and white calico that I used in my very first quilt, an Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day quilt, the Lover's Knot. You can see I liked red, white, and blue back then too.

I still have some large pieces of this little calico in my stash, after 15 years! In fact, I still have some of all the fabrics from the Lover's Knot left, except the red. It's time to use it up, so I guess I'll put it on the back of the quilt.

2 comments:

Granny said...

It's looking very nice!

SueR said...

Thanks! It's a work in progress!