Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another Finish

This quilt came home from Koleen's at the same time as Crows in the Pumpkin Patch, and I finished sewing the binding on it this afternoon. This one is called Caroling Cardinals, also from The Quilted Cardinal. One of the things I especially liked about this pattern is that you can't tell easily where a block begins and ends. It was a simple pattern to sew, even the star in the center. I just had to pay close attention not to turn any of the blocks the wrong way.

The cardinal fabric gives it that Christmas-y feel, but I think it would work equally well with any medium to large scale fabric that you could fussy cut for the star centers. The red motif in the photo reminds me of a tulip, and I think a floral fabric with a spring theme would be nice too.

Credit where credit is due:
Caroling Cardinals quilt design by Koleen Painchaud, The Quilted Cardinal

2 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Wow Sue, this quilt is just beautiful! you had a good week with the stash busting and your purchases will be used right away. inmo, those purchases don't count as heavily as fabric I buy just cuz I like it. Your squirrel in the bird house is one clever little guy...moving in when the birds fly south! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful..you are an inspiration to get moving and get some more of my quilting done...Margo