Thursday, April 10, 2008

Progress Report

The bird feeder in my back yard is always a source of entertainment, and since it's right outside my kitchen window, I have plenty of opportunity to look at it. The other day I noticed a little head popping up right above the window sill. I stood on my tiptoes to see what it was, and a large turkey was standing below the bird feeder picking at the seed on the ground. Of all the birds I thought I might see at our bird feeder, a turkey was just not one of them! I ran downstairs to grab the camera, but he was a skittish fellow and was halfway across my neighbor's yard through the woods before I could snap a photo.

So I thought I'd make a quick progress report on this week's activities. I haven't had as much time as I'd like at the sewing machine because of work and working on the taxes, which are due next week, yikes! But I've made another pile of half square triangle units for my 30s repros quilt. I also made a few more crazy log cabin blocks for JudyL's log cabin challenge. These blocks will finish to 6" square. I think I'd like to have a queen size quilt, which means I'll need to set them about 15 across and 15 down, so I have a lot of sewing left to do on this project!

I've also made about a third of the sub-units needed for the four patches for Bonnie's Orange Crush mystery. Brights are not my favorite fabrics, so I'd like to use up as many of those as I can. I also have lots of scraps that are muslin or white on whites, so I'm using those up too. I'm hoping I'll be able to get these finished before Bonnie gets back from Maryland and posts the next step! I'd love to watch everyone else's progress on the mystery--does anyone know of a link to other bloggers who are doing the mystery, or is everyone following along on the QuiltvilleChat list on yahoogroups?

3 comments:

Becky said...

Sue,
Love the colors in your four patch units. There are two ways that you could follow the progress of the Mystery Quilt. One is to look at the pictures on the Yahoo Group that Bonnie set up. It is called QuiltvilleChat.There is a link from Bonnie's website to join. There are pictures in the Photos folder under Orange Crush. The second way is to travel the Mystery Quilters webring. I have a link on my blog. www.quiltingbooklady.com It is on the right at the top. You can travel through the web that way. You can also join the webring from my blog by clicking on join. Let me know if you have any questions. Take care!

Margo in Maine said...

Love the log cabin challenge ...I did look at Judy's site and decided I need to stick to my UFO...just finished embroidery on wall hanging finally....another one almost done...Hooray...colors you are choosing are great....I do have aqua's that would look nice and am tempted...we will see....

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

You look like you've spent your time wisely in the sewing room...you have gotten quite a bit of sewing done. Good Job:)