Sunday, April 27, 2008

Quiltathon Day 2 - Orange Crush

10:00 am - This morning I want to finish cutting the pieces I need for Step 2. Going through the stacks I culled from my stash yesterday, I've certainly had a lot of those what-was-I-thinking moments. I remember buying this collection of stars years ago from Keepsake Quilting, but I haven't the foggiest idea what the plan was. I can get a 2-inch square out of the centers, so they're all going into the Orange Crush!

5:00 pm - I spent all day cutting strips and finally got them all done. I chose 20 0r 25 fabrics for the Orange Crush, cut one strip from each fabric, then cut the rest up of the fabric up and added it to the strip bins. They've swelled dramatically, which is good! I can really see the value of cutting strips and squares ahead of time, like Bonnie does in her ScrapUser's System, so they're all ready when you're ready to sit and sew. Preparation takes so much time!

At 5:00 I finally sat down to sew and got exactly one split four patch unit together when my husband called me for supper.

Oh! I just discovered Bonnie has posted Step 3. I'm still behind!

12:00 pm
- I finished about 20 split four patch units, and it's time to hit the hay. Tomorrow I'll be doing some things to get ready for our quilt show coming up next weekend, but I might get a little sewing time in.

1 comment:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Glad you are finding time to spend in your sewing room! Looks like you are getting a ton done, too. The rain stopped, my 'river' is gone and the ponds are leveling off...life is good :)