Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Quilters Heritage Celebration

The quilt show encompassed three separate buildings, each containing both vendor booths and quilts on display. The majority of the quilts in this year's show were largely art quilts, which I'm sorry to say, don't really interest me. So I took photos of the traditional quilts that did interest me. I'm not quite sure what the protocol is for posting quilt show pictures, but I did want to share just a few quilts that I was especially impressed with.

One was this quilt depicting a fireplace scene. Even with closeups, I still couldn't quite figure out how the artist achieved some of the details. I looked through my show booklet to find the name of the quilt and its artist but was not able to locate it. The show booklet was rather confusing to me, the way it was laid out, and I couldn't find anything I wanted.





Both of these quilts were made by George Siciliano, who is quite the miniature enthusiast. He and his wife Virginia have a website with more miniature quilts here. The feathered stars may have been about 12" square. The other one is 11" square.







Here is one more miniature quilt that was also quite impressive.

No comments: