Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Stash Report

I'm in for another 20-1/2 yards this week, most of which was for JudyL's Star Block of the Month. I realize we were supposed to be getting this out of the stash, but I don't have those yardages available in my stash, so I bought all of it. I also added a couple yards of some other fabrics. I take solace in the fact that Vicky is right there with me. I really love her stash reports.

I used a couple yards from the bolt of muslin I bought to set up a practice quilt. I want to practice a pantograph I borrowed from my good friend Ann, and I want to practice a double loopy meander that looks like bubbles to me.

Last stash report I mentioned that the yardage requirements for my Galaxy of Stars sampler quilt require about 1/6 yard each of a multitude of fabrics required for the blocks. Background and borders are separate. I thought I would use more of each sixth yard cut and started to report it that way, but that is not turning out to be the case. Most, but not all the fabrics, are used in more than one block, and a small piece of every fabric is also used in the center block; but I still don't think I'll need the whole sixth yard for each color. However because I've already started reporting it that way, I'll just keep on with it. After finishing Block 2 this week, I've cut into another half yard of fabrics.

Here's the Stash Manager's Report:

Fabric used this week: 2-1/2 yards
Fabric used year to date: 115-3/8 yards
Fabric added this week: 20-1/2 yards
Fabric added year to date: 231-1/8 yards
Net year to date: - 115-3/4 yards

No comments: