Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mystery Ride

Monday, Columbus Day, our local quilt group rented a bus, and about 45 of us went on a Mystery Ride. Everyone packed a lunch, and during the day we stopped at three quilt shops--Keepsake Quilting in New Hampshire, Calico Basket in Windham, and Quilt Essentials in Auburn. I'd never been to Calico Basket, and it's a very nice quilt shop with lots of fabric. I'll be visiting them again. Late afternoon we stopped for a hot meal at Cole Farms. They have the best sweet potato fries!

At Keepsake Quilting I bought Eleanor Burns' Victory Quilts book. Although I haven't done many of them, I do like sampler quilts, and I like alot of the blocks in this book. I also bought one of Keepsake's scrap bags, this one all flannels that I'll be using to augment the flannel snowman kit I bought in Lancaster in March. I want to make that kit large enough to be a generous sofa quilt, and I don't think there will be any extra fabric after I make up the kit.

I also bought a few more Kaffe Fassets (and Kaffe Fasset lookalikes)....













.... and these Christmas fabrics that will go into a couple of Christmas quilts I'd like to make. Christmas quilts don't usually interest me too much, but this year every quilt magazine I've looked at seems to have a Christmas quilt I want to make. I have a weekend retreat coming up the last weekend in October, and our workshop project is one of these Christmas quilts. The large pieces of tan and brown have gingerbread on them, really cute!

2 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Hmmm, I think I like the gold with the snowflakes, and the one with the pine needles and ornaments the best.

I'm such a sucker for Christmas fabrics!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your fabrics always look so yummy!
Thanks for sharing with us :)