Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkinfest

Yesterday was our bimonthly meeting of Casey's Quilters, and it was also Pumpkinfest. Kay hosts this event every year, and each member is supposed to bring a pumpkin dish and a pumpkin project to work on. We got our fill of pumpkin--there was pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin fudge, 2 kinds of pumpkin dip, and pumpkin penne with kielbasa for supper. Everything was so good!

The project I worked on yesterday was a paper pieced Halloween wall hanging. There are 3 each of the pumpkins, cats, and bats. I was happy with the pumpkin, but I'm going to have to start all over with the cat and the bat. The cat doesn't look too bad in this picture; but from a little bit of a distance, the cat is more difficult to distinguish, and the bat is just a black blob. The pattern called for dark and medium blues, and my darks were a little too dark. So now it is back to the stash!

2 comments:

Barb D said...

I love your pumpkin and your cat! Well, the top left fabric on the cat could be changed then I think it's ok! I agree with you - the bat is lost with the blues. I'm sorry to have missed yesterday but I really needed a day just for me! So glad you enjoyed your vacation and it was especially nice that Rob was home!

Stephanie D said...

Yep, loved the pumpkin--the contrast is just great! Are these the patterns from Artisania? I can't paperpiece, but they looked so cute and I was hoping to see some made up.

And pumpkin penne with kielbasa? Odd dish. Did they cut up pumpkin or use it as a sauce or what? Intriguing.