Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

The turkey is in the oven, and we're watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on television. Last night we made three dishes for dinner today, and this afternoon we'll finish the turkey and make gravy, sweet potato with marshmallows, boiled onions, and pumpkin pie. I am happy that both my sons will be here today.

I made this small wallhanging last November but couldn't think how I wanted to quilt it, so it never got finished. I got it out this year but still haven't done anything with it yet. Maybe it might get done in time for Thanksgiving next year.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to all my blogging friends. I hope you have a lovely day with family and friends.

Credit where credit is due:
Turkey Time quilt design by Pine Tree Lodge Designs

6 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Sue. Enjoy your time with your family!

Very cute Thanksgiving quilt!

Lori in South Dakota said...

You're on your way to a Happy Thanksgiving. But really--I need the recipe to boiled onions!!

Stephanie D said...

Hope it was a terrific day!

Margo in Maine said...

Trust you had a great day...I was going to blog for thanksgiving day but never got there.....we had a full week!!! Trust you had a wonderful day with your family as did I...that is what always makes it special...nothing like family....amen!!!

antique quilter said...

cute wallhanging!
hope you had a great thanksgiving.
Kathie

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I hope you had a happy thanksgiving. I am having turkey as I read this, so the post is appropriate.