Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Stash Report

The Star BOM is coming right along. All the blocks and sashing strips have now been sewn into rows, but I haven't sewn the rows together yet. This week my goal is to get the first couple of borders on and start on Border 3, the ribbon border. It's foundation pieced, something I like to do very much and don't spend enough time doing.

My husband and I had a conversation about this quilt the other day. He said it reminded him of Easter. All I can think about when I'm working with these colors is spring flowers--crocus, hyacinths, tulips. My son said it made him think of spring time, which seemed like a good name for the quilt--Springtime Stars.

When I cut for the sashing strips, I also cut all the border pieces as well and busted almost 7 yards from my stash. Yeah!

Here's the Stash Manager's Report:

Fabric used this week: 6-3/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 15-7/8 yards
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric added year to date: 4-1/2 yards
Net used year to date: 11-3/8 yards

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is very springy looking. I think your setting and sashing is perfect for the blocks.

Stephanie D said...

It's looking beautiful, Sue! Great name for it, too!

Margo in Maine said...

Sue it is beautiful...will be exciting to get mine done....I have 2 tones of blues to finish off...I am always tempted to go darker but will stick with my palette....it will be a good spring/summer quilt...