Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Stash Report

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it. It was just my husband and I for most of the day, but my younger son came up from Portland in time for dinner. We decided to try this dish for brunch this morning, Spinach and Goat Cheese Strata, and it was simply delicious. It is sort of like a quiche, I guess, but no crust, and quick and easy to make. Not only was it a fine brunch dish, but it would be a lovely quick supper with a salad. I'm happy to share the recipe if anyone would like.

I'll bet I haven't sewn a thing in two weeks. I've been tired lately and preoccupied with things at work, and knitting fit the bill on many of those nights.

Not quilting hasn't kept me from thinking about it though, and it didn't keep me from shopping for it either! When I was down in Freeport the other day, I stopped in to Cottonweeds and found this lovely quilt on the wall, all done in batiks. So I bought the pattern and some background and border fabric for it and will supplement with fat quarters from my stash. I've wanted to make a pink and brown quilt for ages and have been collecting the fabrics for one, so I added a few more of those as well.

Last week I bought border fabric for the Neptune quilt plus another jelly roll.

So here's the Stash Manager's Report for the last couple weeks:

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 27-1/4 yards
Fabric added last week: 16-3/4 yards
Fabric added year to date: 42 yards
Net used year to date: -14-3/4 yards

I wasn't in the black for very long, was I?

I did sit down at the sewing machine this afternoon, finally, and worked on sewing the squares together for the snowman quilt. I'm glad to be making some headway on it.

6 comments:

Lurline said...

Yes, please - I would love the recipe!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great recipe for those nights that you want to enjoy a movie/book and a simple dinner, thanks for sharing...and yes, I would love the recipe too :)

Belvie said...

Sometimes it is nice to take a break from sewing. I don't know about you, but a brief break sometimes gives me a whole new outlook on what I am working.

You have some nice fabrics in that photo!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I like to think I am using up old stash and replacing it with newer fabric! It's an "up and down" sort of thing!

Judy S. said...

Gosh I did a double take when I read that you went down to Portland until I remembered it's the "other Portland" you were talking about! Ah, the joys of the north country. It's hailing here at the moment!

Margo in Maine said...

Mmm loooks delicious Sue!!!