Saturday, May 29, 2010

Knitting Problem Fixed

The original photo probably wasn't the best to identify the problem with the hoodie; but if you guessed that the neck shaping was done incorrectly, you were right. This is a better photo of the front of the hoodie. Looks like a turtleneck, doesn't it?

The instructions were crystal clear that shaping was to begin at the center front, and I did it exactly backwards so that the shaping is at the shoulders instead of the neck. I can't tell you what thought process went through my head; but, hey, at least I was consistent--I knitted both front sections the same wrong way.


This is how the neck should be shaped--like...well, a neckline. Even the top buttonhole wound up where it's supposed to be. It wasn't nearly as complicated or time consuming to fix the knitting as I anticipated. Now maybe I'm ready to start sewing the seams together.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Nice work! What yarn are you using for this? It's prety.