Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Love My Stash

I rooted around in my stash the other day and came up with this red-violet marbled print to use for the middle border in the Jewel Box quilt. It's exactly the color I wanted, and I think it's perfect. I could have wasted lots of time trying to hunt something down in the quilt shops, so I'm happy I had it in the stash. I've gotten some mileage out of this particular piece of fabric--I used it in the Monticello quilt that I made a few years back too.

The first two borders are sewn on, and the outer border is cut and ready for sewing. I have to mentally psych myself up to cut and sew these border prints because the corners have to be matched precisely and mitered for them to look right, and I'm not really very fond of mitering. I will love this quilt when it's finished though, so it's worth the trouble to get it right.

5 comments:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

I'm so glad you are finishing this quilt. It is so gorgeous! I understand how you feel about the borders, but, wow, your effort has certainly paid off! By the way, the red-violet is stunning!

Elisabeth said...

This is so nice!!
Happy for you about your border!

Stephanie D said...

That IS the perfect color! Don't you just love it when you find the right fabric for a work in progress?

Denise said...

The border really "pops" and I bet it looks even better in person, your mitered corners look great to me. It sure is great when you find just the right stuff in your stash!

Vicki W said...

A large stash is VERY important!