Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jewel Box Top Done

The summer is going by quickly, and I'm glad because it is just too darned hot! The heat and humidity makes me cranky, so I'm hoping cooler temperatures are in the forecast.

Now that the whining about the weather is out of the way, I finished my Jewel Box top the other day. Except for the fussy cutting and match points required with the border print, this was really a pretty simple pattern to make.

I'm going to wait a bit to quilt it until I finish the next top in my Rotation, which is one of those Downy quilt patterns. I want to use the Downy quilt to practice the pantograph I plan to use on the Jewel Box quilt. Shouldn't take long to get them both quilted.

Credit where credit is due: quilt design by Jinny Beyer

6 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice job! I love the border fabric and your colors in this one.

Denise said...

I really do love this quilt, the colors are great together. After reading your previous post I found the first Nickel Quilt book and really love the stuff in that one. I don't think I will join you in the challenge, maybe the next one?

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

I'm so glad you finished it. It is totally stunning!

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful! I've always loved that pattern.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

your border makes the quilt so elegant!

Stephanie D said...

It's absolutely fabulous, Sue! How large did it finish at? (poor grammar, but I couldn't figure out how to rephrase it)