Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hexies #31, #32, and #33

I am making great progress with these hexagon blocks. I take great pleasure in the variety of fabrics I'm using in the blocks, and it's so enjoyable to watch how each one comes together as I'm handpiecing them. I'm starting two more this evening.

It has been a very pleasant weekend here in Maine. There may a little humidity creeping in today, but it was 59 degrees this morning at 7:30, and I sat and handpieced this morning with a sweater on. I love this weather!

7 comments:

Denise said...

I agree, the weather in Maine this weekend has been great. If I could order my weather this is what I would order from April until December with some rain sprinkled in every now and then! Since I can't I will enjoy today and get some outside stuff done. Love the Hexies, I have not done paper piecing or hand piecing yet but it is on my list of things I want to learn.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your hexies are looking great! How many are you going to make again? I think this is going to be an amazing quilt I can't wait to see it together.

FeatherDuster said...

You're moving right along :) I got off to a slow start, so I'm only on block 9 (plus small rounds for a bunch more).
I love how precise these turn out, with almost no concentration on what you're doing ;)

Elisabeth said...

Hi Sue! You are marvelous! All the sawing you have done this last month. You are realy working hard. Your hexies are looking great, can´t wait to see it finished:-)

Elisabeth

Judy S. said...

'Bout time to show them all again, eh? This is going to be one fabulous quilt.

Purple Pam said...

Love those hexies! Your Star Crazy BOM quilt is wonderful, too.

Margo in Maine said...

Hexagons are looking so nice....it will be a beautiful quilt .....I am finally working on my Judy L quilt...will get it finished soon I hope....one more UFO conquered..