Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Productive Weekend

I finally got a chance to sit down and do some serious sewing this weekend, and I got quite a bit done. This weekend I ....

.... finished up the Conestoga Star blocks through the month of October and then sewed all the blocks I've made so far into rows. These blocks are part of my 6-Quilt Stashbuster Challenge.

.... added three more sets of blocks to a set I already had made for this little baby quilt. I bought the kit last spring on a shop hop just to have in reserve in case I needed it, and now I know someone who is having a baby. This is a very simple pattern called Crazy Eights, which requires only eight fat quarters. There are four different block patterns in the quilt, and you make four sets of eight blocks using each block pattern twice, then scramble them up to make the top.

.... machine stitched the binding on the Jewel Box quilt. I got the quilt back a couple weeks ago from my friend Ann who quilted baptist fans on it. I still have to handstitch the binding to the back of the quilt.

.... made another block for my Pineapple Blossom quilt, which is No 7 in my Power of Ten rotation. I wish it didn't take so long to get through that rotation; but the 6Q blocks take lots of time, and the Champagne quilt ate up a lot of time too. And now there's a baby quilt to finish.

.... and made the October block for the Bali Sea Star quilt, which is also part of my 6Q Challenge. I love batiks, and I'm going to love both the Conestoga Star and the Bali Star quilts when they're finished.

Not a bad weekend, huh?

11 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow I love that first star quilt! You have really made a lot of progress on a lot of projects. I need to make a list..............

Elsie Montgomery said...

Wow, these are simply stunning. Great colors and patterns. I agree with Wanda... it is time to make a list and get at it.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh my! These are beautiful! What a great way to use up fabrics. I'm inspired.

Denise said...

Wow you had an extremely productive weekend! I have made several of the Crazy Eight baby quilts, your colors are almost the same as the ones in my last one, just a tad brighter in the pastel family. Are all the quilts you worked on able to be pieced on a machine? I love the batik one, I can remember when I really didn't like batiks (oops did I say that out loud, LOL) now I sneak them in some of my projects. As a matter of fact the project I worked on this weekend has several small pieces of batiks. Have a great week.

Leslie's Itchin to be Stitchin said...

your star quilt is fabulous, just gorgeous

jess said...

You know, the baby quilt, they way you have it pictured, would look nice as a large wall hanging, with white sashing!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

My goodness! I just wish I could this much done. They are all beautiful!

Judy S. said...

Wow! Did you even stop to eat? These are all beautiful! Thanks for the turkey link!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I love days like that, wish there were more of them in a year!

Purple Pam said...

Wow! It appears you have been marathon sewing. Great job!

Shari said...

It is totally impressive how much you get done... I admire your tenacity... and of course your quilts are just too beautiful - perfect fabric choices... good luck with your deadlines!