Thursday, December 23, 2010

Catching Up Before Christmas

My work schedule really ramped up in December, and I've worked six- or seven-day weeks for most of the month. There's been no time for anything else, and I'm exhausted. I've missed all the Christmas events and missed seeing all my friends. I've done this nine seasons in a row, and I don't think I'll be going back next year. The Christmas tree didn't even get decorated until today. Two more weeks though, and then I'm done with work.

I may have touched my sewing machine once this month, but I did find some time for sewing last month. I wanted quick and easy projects, and what's easier than pillowcases and strippies? So that's what I worked on, plus a small baby quilt. I even got the baby quilt quilted, but it's still waiting for binding. In the dinosaur strippy, four of the five panels sewn into the quilt top only have dinosaur bodies, no heads. I managed to cut them all off when I cut out the strips. Think a kid will notice that?



I made time for some knitting too. I made a little santa dishcloth and finished a pair of socks.



















Then I started another pair...
















.... and another. Don't you ever get anxious to start the project just to see what it will look like? Same thing happens to me with quilting too. I suppose that's why I have so many UFOs.

I'm crazy about this magic loop method of sock knitting. I don't think I'll ever go back to double pointed needles.

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Maybe it's a good thing you are distracted by work. As it is, you put the rest of us to shame! It is true that a rotary cutter can decapitate a lot of dinosaurs before you even realize what is happening. And I agree about the knitting. these new yarns just ask us to see how they will work.

Judy S. said...

Great socks! I may try that metho yet. Looks like you accomplished quite a lot to me. Merry Christmas!

jovaliquilts said...

I'm way behind on my blog reading and commenting, but just couldn't let your Santa dishrag go by without letting you know how adorable it is! I've never seen one like it.