Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day

Need I say more?




Since we had stormy weather today, I spent much of the day cleaning up paperwork. Afterwards I went down to the sewing room to play in the fabric. I've never made a bargello quilt before, so when my LQS offered a class, I decided to take it. I am supposed to cut fabric strips before class; but the class is not until April 9, so I'll have some time to make any color adjustments. I think I'm pretty satisfied with the way the colors look now, though I'm still not quite sure about the third one from the right in the top row.

We are making this quilt as the class project, which is from a book called Twist-and-Turn Bargello Quilts by Eileen Wright. This looks a little complicated for a first bargello quilt, but I'm going with it.

8 comments:

FeatherDuster said...

That's going to be sooooo pretty :-)

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

That will be a gorgeous quilt. Bargello's only look complicated.

jess said...

I know! It's beautiful but it's BS! But it was nice having the kids home for a school day.
The quilt looks terrifying. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Judy S. said...

Our rain pales in comparison to your snow! Can't wait to see that new quilt; you have chosen great colors.

Lori said...

tired of the snow! And the cold. I think I have that book, I will be watching to see if you like it.

Margo in Maine said...

Never had any desire to do bargello...but I am sure yours will be beaufiful as always...always love what you do...

Purple Pam said...

Oops! Didn't the weather forecaster understand that Spring has sprung? That bargello quilt is a wonderful quilt. It will be fun to see what the other members of the class use as their color schemes. Hope someone likes purple!

Purple Pam said...

Those are beautiful colors you have chosen for your bargello.