Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Finish


October is sure going out with a bang. Hurricane Sandy blew through central Maine yesterday, and I thought we'd have a few more showers today, but we stayed dry. I wasn't really expecting much in the way of serious damaging weather up here, and we did get through the storm unscathed. Never even lost power. Others were not so fortunate, and the pictures of the storm damage along the coast are just terrible.





I finished Watercolor Pinwheel earlier this month. This is one of only two watercolors that I've made over the years.  This top sat in the closet for quite a long time because I couldn't decide how to quilt it. I finally quilted it with straight lines, like the first one.

When I made my first watercolor, I chose and set the squares together one by one. Later on I came across a book by Deanna Spingola that illustrated how to strip piece a watercolor quilt, and that's how I made this one. All four blocks are the same. 

Does anyone make watercolor quilts anymore? I'd like to make another one sometime, but there are just too many other quilts either waiting to be finished or waiting to be started.

No comments: