Friday, November 30, 2012

Easy Street Part 1

The last thing I should be doing right now is starting another quilt, but when I saw the colors Bonnie Hunter was using in her mystery quilt this year, I said to heck with it and jumped right in. I rarely use lime greens, cool aquas, and purples in my quilts, but I have plenty of them. Don't ask me why--I don't know--but this is a fine time to use them. I think this combination of colors, plus the gray and the black and whites, is spectacular.

I've wanted to make a black and white quilt for years, and I recently acquired a couple of large scrap bags from an auction that contained a lovely collection of black and white scraps, so I only had to buy a couple yards of gray, and that's it. All the rest came from the stash.
 
192 four-patch units are required to complete Part 1 of the Easy Street mystery, and so far I've made 100. I didn't decide immediately that I was going to start the mystery, so I lost a couple of days. Part 2 will be released tomorrow, so I'll try to get all caught up by the time Part 3 is released.

The weather has turned much colder in Maine. The low tonight is supposed to be 14 degrees, 12 degrees tomorrow night. Wonder when we're going to get some snow.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I saw that she was doing another Mystery quilt and was tempted but I really can't start another quilt. I am currently working on a mystery quilt that finishes in December and I can't wait to see it finished, I'll be watching the progress on yours!

Judy S. said...

You are a busy one! I love the tree skirt. All those amazing triangles! Great colors on the new quilts. A black/white one is on my list for some day.....