Sunday, May 5, 2013

An Apple A Day

At last, a finish! Actually, I finished a small strippy in February, but I don't bother to post photos of those anymore because I've made so many. Anyway, every year our quilt chapter, Tacoma Lakes Quilters, issues a challenge; and this year's was to make a small 16-block quilt from Maggie Ball's book, Bargello Quilts with a Twist.

These fabrics were from a kit I purchased several years ago on a quilt shop hop. The kit was supposed to make up into a quilt with four basket blocks, but I never was crazy about the pattern. I thought the fabrics would work just fine for my bargello, and that's a few more yards finally out of the stash. This quilt will make a nice little table cover for my son's kitchen table. He's a foodie, and he has red accents in his kitchen.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

The colors are great for that quilt. I love quilted table cloths and that one is super.

Elisabeth said...

I like this patter and fabrics are nice too. I am happy for you that you used som yards of your fabric stash, now you have place for some new fabric :-)

Elisabeth